Print Thread
#236679 17/03/12 03:19 AM
J
Jirachi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Hello, first of all I want to state that my technical knowledge re: networking is very low.

I'm trying to connect to an IRC where I believe I was mistakenly banned. From what I've read my options are to use a proxy with mirc or use mibbit, but it seems that mibbit is banned as well.

I'm using mirc 7.22

The first thing I do is google free irc proxy and find a site such as: http://aliveproxy.com/irc-proxy-list/. I'll check one of the proxies and get:

Quote:
Result of check HTTP/1.1 200 Connection established

OK! Proxy supports a CONNECT method for connection with a IRC server at port 6667

So then I go into options within mirc and put the proxy IP for hostname and enter the port for port. I've tried changing Connection & Protocol, but it seems that it's supposed to be set to DCC and Socks5. The problem is that once I enter this information, once I attempt to connect it still says my IP is banned as if the proxy isn't being used. If there's a way to "enable" the proxy I can't find it.

Please help?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
We don't help users evade network ban policies. If you truly believe you were "mistakenly banned", you need to discuss this with the network administrators. I'm sure they have a website with contact information.

As a related note: if you want to activate mIRC's proxy settings you need to select something other than None in the connection dropdown.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
J
Jirachi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I'm not asking for assistance in "ban evasion," I'm asking about functionality within the software that this forum provides discussion for. As stated in my original thread, Connection is set to DCC. Is that not correct? I've tried all choices from the drop down but nothing allows me to connect via proxy.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: Jirachi
I'm trying to connect to an IRC where I believe I was mistakenly banned.

This says it all.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
J
Jirachi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
You must have a pretty impressive life to spend your time passing judgment to random strangers on a mirc support forum, argv0. Thanks for your useless comments though I suppose.

Anyways, I found the magical combination of settings that allow me to connect via proxy, so you'll have to go find someone else to troll. I suggest a forum that doesn't exist to serve as technical support for software. I don't know, 4chan?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Dear Jirachi,

I'm not "judging" you. I'm informing you of forum policies. You can read about them yourself by clicking this link:

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/22819/page/1#Post22819

You said you wanted to a network that banned you. We don't help with that, "mistakenly" or not.

Good luck.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Well guys this is a very interesting post for us folks who arrive here from google ;-)

Op found the solution but didn't post it frown I would be really grateful if you could!

I recently moved to china and my old irc server isn't liking my new IP. The server hasn't been taken care of for ages and nobody would help me there.
Please help!

E
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
E
Wow! This was a worthless post since the question was never answered and this is a #1 search result. I am also having an issue with mIRC lately where the proxy is not working and I am getting Proxy: Closed connection
I can apply the settings to firefox and my IP is the one from the proxy but mIRC just cannot seem to work with the proxy. Thoughts?
mIRC v 7.38
Proxy: UltraSurf | 127.0.0.1:9666

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try update first to 7.45 and retry to see if it is working..

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-

Link Copied to Clipboard