mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#231899 09/05/11 05:29 PM
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
I'm not sure why, but each time I disconnect (from a ping timeout or broken pipe, etc), I'm forced to join a channel that is not ticked on my favorites list or on any of my auto join scripts.

I used to join this channel long ago, but no longer wish to... Yet each time I accidentally dc, I rejoin it...? The only affiliation I can find with it are my logs. Is this some weird irc feature that I have ticked or what? >.<

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It may be a channel that is required by the network and they force you to join it. Or, you may still have it somewhere in a script that you don't know about. Press Alt-R and while on the Remote tab, use Ctrl-F to search for the channel name. Repeat for the Aliases tab and Variables tab. If you don't see it in either location and it's not in your Favorites or in any of your script's stored files, then most likely it is a channel the network forces you to join when connecting.

You may also want to check your Perform settings for that network in mIRC's options.

You can try a clean reinstall of mIRC (installed to a different location without any scripts installed) and see if you auto-join the channel there as well. That will give you a good idea if it's the network or some script you have loaded.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
I scrolled up a bit in my status window and found out that one of the channels on my autojoin list, which is +i, "forwarded" me to this other channel that I'm talking about.

The network gave me some lame Guest name when I reconnected so I couldn't identify and join the +i channel. I suppose this has something to do with the channel settings then?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, on some networks, a channel can force you into another channel. The only way around that is to just avoid the channel that does that or find a different network that doesn't allow channels to do that.

*EDIT: You may be able to use a script to automatically /part the channel when you join it. Depending on the setup for the network/channel, you may be able to do that and not have any problems. However, channels that force you into other channels usually monitor users and if you leave the channel, they either force you back in or else kick you out of the channel you want to be in.

Last edited by Riamus2; 09/05/11 06:01 PM.

Invision Support
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
(I do quite dislike this network I'm using), however the channel that forwarded me is one I made. Would you know of the command to fix that?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If it is your channel, then you can definitely get it changed. Your best option to get help doing that would be to ask on the network's #help channel. Just ask them where the setting is to disable that forwarding. Let them know you set it up and aren't sure how to remove it and they should be able to give you the answer quickly.

Invision Support
U
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
Thank you so much for your help! (:

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Please note that you may have to be identified as the channel founder/owner before you'll get the help you're wanting.

In my experience channels with mode +i do not force you to join another channel, however, if it is mode +I then there is an alternate channel specified where people are forced to go to.
By identifying yourself as the channel owner, you should be able to issue
Code:
/mode #channel -I
which will remove that setting and the automatic force to the alternative channel.
NOTE: Replace #channel with your actual channel name.

Link Copied to Clipboard