Print Thread
#229386 02/02/11 04:47 PM
F
fitts Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Applies to versions 6.34 of mIRC and later.

So I feel a little guilty in creating this thread, as I haven't registered mIRC. However as I understand it, mIRC is freeware and registration isn't a requirement. Please note that I would register, but do not possess the means to do so.

Anyway, as of 30 minutes ago whenever I open mIRC and get the pop-up stating that the trial period has expired, I don't get a continue option. The only options are "Register" and "Exit".

Usually closing and opening mIRC fixes this problem, but it's now been going on for 30 minutes and for every version of mIRC I've tried using. Reinstall hasn't worked either for any version.

I'd appreciate any help with this =(

If anyone can get my mIRC working again, I'll definitely register as soon as I get the chance (although it seems karma is dictating I may have to do that anyway blush )

fitts #229387 02/02/11 05:02 PM
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Email khaled (I can't remember his email address atm). He is willing to work with you to get a key. Tell him your problem and why you don't possess the means to pay for a key.

If you do take the time to do so, it is a case by case thing. It's not something everyone gets but if he feels that you deserve one he will work with you smile

I am SReject
My Stuff
F
fitts Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Oh it's more just a laziness thing (don't have CC, too lazy to get one) so I'll just stop being lazy and get one.

For some reason it just struck me that I've been taking for granted software that is so generously made for other people out of another person's own time.

Thank you mIRC, I'm a changed man. And now...to take my first steps to redemption...after a nap.

fitts #229389 02/02/11 06:10 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC is actually shareware, so there is a difference and that's why it was changed to require registration after a set period of time. As far as a CC goes, you can always pay with Paypal, which can be set up with just a checking account if you want.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #229402 03/02/11 02:58 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Additionally, there is (or was) a method where you can just have the money transferred from your bank account to the company that actually handles the payments on Khaled's behalf. I know this due to the fact that this is the method I used, though it was several years ago.

fitts #229403 03/02/11 03:25 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You can also register through RegNow (linked on the registration page or here) which allows payments via bank transfer as well as checks/money orders sent via plain old snail mail.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #229405 03/02/11 05:52 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Thanks argv0. That was the option I was referring to. Just couldn't remember the name due to the amount of time since I registered.

Link Copied to Clipboard