mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#220039 04/04/10 03:44 PM
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Hello.
I have a different question. I use mdx.dll for my script and now when I create a list and use it with listview parameter for mdx.dll it doesn't send anything to on:*:dialog:sclick (more precisely when I click on that list sclick, dclick, rclick mouse button). I think it is clear. Is there any chance in the future that it will work?

Next I have found a bug. I type any text in the status window, channel editbox, etc. The background color for the editbox is black. I select the whole typed text. And unfortunately I cannot see any selection... mIRC is in an empty folder with an empty mirc.ini file. Windows XP SP3.

Regards.

when no one watching us
we are invisible
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Any issues with MDX not working would need to be brought up with the authors of that DLL. Major DLLs like that often need "tweaking" when new versions of mIRC come out. Especially when so much has been redone in mIRC.

As for your selected text not showing up, I can't reproduce that. Black background still shows text highlighted in a light blue.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
About "Black background still shows text highlighted in a light blue".
Yes, you are right but only when I use Window XP style (eg. blue scheme) not a Classic one.

when no one watching us
we are invisible
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
It seems that unicode has broke MDX somehow. The only way to fix this it for DragonZap to get out of his layer and update it :-) heh

- Excalibur
- Good and Evil, there never is one without the other.
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Originally Posted By: Excalibur
It seems that unicode has broke MDX somehow. The only way to fix this it for DragonZap to get out of his layer and update it :-) heh

Yes that's right. Now it s*x for people using MDX for many years. As we know DragonZap has not updated his files for a long time.

Coming back to the selection problem in an editbox I found the problem. mIRC gets the color from Windows item named Selected Item. And then we have a black background and Selected Item's color is also black what results in not seeing the selection. It was not like that in the previous mIRC version.

when no one watching us
we are invisible
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There's always DCX, which has most (if not all) of the functionality of MDX and is better updated.

Invision Support
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Regarding text selection, what is it doing in 6.35? I can't imagine this being done in any other way... If you want windows to use a black selection background, it's your responsibility to make sure that doesn't clash with your programs.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
I think you do not really understand the problem.

In the left picture (v6.35)
In the right picture (v7.0)

On both screens I used the classic windows theme (WinXP) and set black color for Selected Items. For the mIRC editbox I also have a black color. In v7.0 we don't see the text selection. As for me what we should see as a color of selection is a reversed background color - as in v6.35.

attached image: http://www.devilbat.neostrada.pl/difference.png

Last edited by qwerty; 04/04/10 07:19 PM.
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
Oh well. Worse comes to worse, we're all going to migrate to DCX I guess...

- Excalibur
- Good and Evil, there never is one without the other.
Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
all the clicks work for me.. rclick dclick sclick

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Are you sure they trigger in a MDX listview? They don't trigger here (Win7 x64).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
I guess you're right.. i was using wildcards for the clicks, that seems to work, guess the other way doesn't. sorry for the misread

on *:dialog:listview:*click:1: {
var %click = $gettok($did($dname,$did,1),1,32)
if (%click = rclick) { dostuff }
if (%click = dclick) { dostuff }
}

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
Is there already a solution/workaround for the mdx listview sclick malfunction? - if I don't want to switch to DCX.

Gamers.IRC - The best way to use mIRC
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless someone can be found to start updating MDX again, it really would make more sense to switch to DCX instead. There's much better support there and it's kept up to date. Also, keep in mind that even if you get things working on your end, if you're distributing the script, others with other setups may not be able to use it if it uses MDX. Unless the script is huge, it doesn't take all that long to switch it over to DCX, imo. Just something to consider.

Invision Support
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
Unless the script is huge, it doesn't take all that long to switch it over to DCX, imo.

... the script is huge^^

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
Lists with columns work perfectly, lists without them don't (sclick does not work). Treeviews: only rclick works.

Maybe mIRC has introduced a new bug there anyway?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Unless there's some relevant feature in mIRC that's broken too, I don't see how mIRC could have introduced a bug.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard