mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
rff Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
The beep just stopped working. I can play it when setting up highlight in address book but it won't play when someone highlights me. Same with any other sound I choose. I've tried reinstalling mIRC and trying to set up highlight in many different ways, but it doesn't work.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: rff
The beep just stopped working. I can play it when setting up highlight in address book but it won't play when someone highlights me. Same with any other sound I choose. I've tried reinstalling mIRC and trying to set up highlight in many different ways, but it doesn't work.

What do you mean by someone highlights me.. 1. Do you mean they type your nick, or 2. they set your nick for highlighting...

If you mean the second; they have control over sound on their system, not you.

If however you mean when your nick is mentioned (1). this may be
an issue in your windows settings and where mirc is looking for the beep sound. try typing //echo -a $mididir This will tell
you where mIRC is expecting to find sound files.

If this was (at one time) working, and is NOT now.. Ask yourself
the logical quistion.. What has changed on my system. New scripts, new version of mIRC, windows upgrade or update.. etc..

While this is only a start at trying to find an answer to you question, look over the above, and then reply back and im sure
one of the members of this forum will help you diagnose your problem... Looking forward to your reply.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
R
rff Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Thanks for the reply.
What I meant by highlight was a message including my name which I set up on my own in an address book to play a sound, flash an icon on my taskbar and flash the channel that someone typed the message on. As I said before, it worked for a long time. Actually, besides the sound, eveyrhing still works properly.
I typed //echo -a $mididir to check where my sounds folder is and put many different sounds there. All of them worked when testing in address book/higlight menu (the little "play" button next to the chosen sound name) but didn't play when someone typed my name (even though everything else that I set up in higlight menu works as it should).
I don't really remember changing anything in my system that could concern mIRC in any way. I have no custom scripts installed.

Last edited by rff; 16/03/10 06:14 PM.
R
rff Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
bump

Link Copied to Clipboard