mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#21823 01/05/03 07:01 PM
I
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
I
somehow there is a bug in mIRC, that drained my CPU Resources. I don't know why, but when I use mIRC version 6.03, leave it for about a day, than when I get back to my comp, checking my comp status of CPU Resources and Memory, The CPU resources goes to 100%, it means that there is a program that drained all my cpu resources, and this cause my comp like freezing, because all the cpu resources was drained by mIRC, I can solve this problem, by using end task key and close the mirc.exe program. Then I'll get back all my resources again.

Can you fix this?
For your information, I'm using Windows 2000 Proffesional. That's why I can check my cpu resources and memory.

Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't have this problem (Win Xp Pro, 1.9Ghz AMD 2400) as with leaving mirc on for weeks on end. When you say mirc, is it original mirc, no scripts, add-on, special items? There may be a script in the program that drainsresources. Also I believe if you are using hash tabled, thos require signifigant amounts of memory.

-KingTomato
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
how much ram? and what scripts are u running ... i have run my computer for 3 or 4 weeks using mirc 6.03 and not had any issue at all with it eating my resources

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard