mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#216706 28/11/09 09:12 PM
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I just take from one friend this code and i put it, when a user joined into the channel it take it as DRONE , this is wrong!

any help? or anyother code with something about DRONE checker? - thanks

Code:
ON !*:JOIN:#: {
  if ($calc($regex($nick,/[a-zA-Z0-9]/gS)) >= 4) {
    if ($me isop $chan) { kick $chan $nick [WARNING]: The Anti-Spambot has detected possible drone, stay away from the channel. }
  }
  elseif ($regex($nick,/^(q[bcdfghknpqrstwzxv]|x[dfghkmnqrvz]|z[bcdfhmqrtvx]|v[bfghkmnqxw]|g[zv]|kz|bgb|wj|lx|jwm)/gSi)) {
    if ($me isop $chan) { kick $chan $regml(1) [WARNING]: The Anti-Spambot has detected possible drone, stay away from the channel. }
  }
}

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Most likely the first check is your problem: //echo -a $regex(westor,/[a-zA-Z0-9]/gS)
[ and why the S-switch if you're checking nicknames confused ]

That aside, I doubt there's any reliable, automated check for drones - especially if based on nicknames only.
Advanced spammers will use "names lists" for nick, username and realname and avoid e.g. the obvious "<name>N"-pattern, or $rand(A,z)-based nicknames. Also note that with this code, you'd flood yourself off the net in case of a serious drone attack, due to excessive /kick commands...

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Sure there is wink where the behaviour of a drone is 100% predictable, a reliable automated check can be written. In this case, $regex(westor,/[a-zA-Z0-9]/gS) matches any nickname that consists of 4 or more characters a-z, A-Z and/or 0-9 thus practically any nickname above 4 characters is a drone wink

edit: OK, sarcasm. Take for example the "psybnc for Windows" drones that many of us would have been unlucky to see a while back. Aside from the spam messages, it chose nick, ident and realname independently of one another from a text file, thus giving the possibility of near 100% detection. The other thing that highlighted was insecure usage of $read, which I assume led to it's demise as I made this quite public on an IRC-related mailing list.

Last edited by s00p; 29/11/09 08:19 AM.
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I have no idea about $regex and one friend gave it to me, Is there any other code or any thing else that it checks for drone?
i search but did not find anyone!

Thanks for all.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I think "drones" should be addressed on the network scale, and there are several things a network could do - shared blacklists like "dronebl" for example are a very (in)famous approach.
But imho there's little to do for a channnel OP (besides reporting attacks), or a mIRC script (it won't report to the network staff anyway) smile
However, you could try to attenuate the effects of an attack on the channel's users: by setting proper channel modes 1) in advance 2) at the moment of attack. The latter is scriptable (detect not the drones itself but spam/drone behaviour - set things like +N for nickflood, +m/R for revolving doors etc).

westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
ok, thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard