mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#214139 20/07/09 03:42 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
My "bot" (using mIRC 6.21) is logging every channel, and it saves the logs as: "<chan>.<network>.log"

But when ever I quit (the "bot"), and I connect back (the next day, or the same day) it saves the logs as "<chan>.<network>.1.log" ("1"). It makes new .log files every time I exit my "bot".

This is really bugging me because my bot is making stats for some channels. And it doesn't need to log every day single.

What is the problem?

PS. For those who will ask:
OS = Windows XP Professional
mIRC Version (bot) = 6.21

Squee whenever a squee squee's. Squee whenever a squee does not squee.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Mh okay, but how can I stop it? I don't want to update my bot to the latest mIRC version, because I can't, it will load everything to the mIRC version I use and my mIRC, which I use, will become my bot...

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Your only choice is to upgrade.

You should be able to upgrade to 6.35 without issue; mIRC rarely breaks backwards compatibility, so if it works in 6.21 it should be fine in 6.35. That said, the script might need minor adjustments, but again, it's the only way to get the updated logging behaviour.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Yes, but then the mIRC I use (or "chat with") with load all the stuff from my bot to my mIRC... If I install 2 mIRC versions (v6.35) it will make from those 2, 1 installed version.

When I will load an script into the bot his mIRC (when it is v6.35), he will load it also into MY mIRC.

That's the problem. (Isn't there a way to install 2 mIRC v6.35 versions without they make from those 2, 1 mIRC?)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
All you need to do is put a copy of the mirc.ini file in the same directory as the mirc.exe file.

You can get the accurate directory for the mirc.exe file by typing //echo -a $nofile($mircexe)

By default mIRC should install into the same location where you currently have mIRC installed, thus when you do the 2nd installation, just specify a different location.

Link Copied to Clipboard