Print Thread
R
Ransom Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Forced to view newly opened or reconnecting channel/server

How do you stop this? Its so irritating when you have like 15 channels open, you're in the middle of typing and all the sudden channels start rejoining.

Also, when you first connect to the channels you just have to sit there and wait for them to open before you can do anything (using a script). Is there really no option to turn off forcing view to new/reconnecting windows? I find that hard to believe.

Last edited by Ransom; 16/06/09 10:41 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
As you state you're using a script to (re)join channels: You might add the -n switch to the script's /join commands. It will make you (re)join the channels "minimized", so they won't become the active window.
If you autojoin channels of your favorites: there's a checkbox "minimize on join" in their individual settings too.

R
Ransom Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks, that solves half the problem, unfortunately the less important half. Is there no way to avoid forced window switching on reconnect from timeouts and such? Can be so painful if you're on a lot of servers and your connection or the server is s**ting.

edit: p.s. there was no documentation about -n under the join command in /help

Last edited by Ransom; 20/06/09 09:25 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When I do /help /join, I'm given two choices.
The first choice displays the standard IRC command, which doesn't have the switches.
However, the second choice, which is mIRC's command, shows the following
Quote:
/join [-inx] <#channel>
This is a standard IRC command for joining a channel.
The -i switch makes you join the channel to which you were last invited.
The -n and -x switches minimize/maximize the channel window when you join it.

R
Ransom Offline OP
OP Offline
R
When I do help /join on index i get a huge list, search i get 32 results. I dunno how you did that? Maybe its XP (it uses windows generic search thing I think?).. but I stand corrected then.

Anyhow, nobody knows how to avoid forced window switching? I would figure this would be in heavy demand, everyone I ask that uses mirc is annoyed about it like I am but without a remedy so I've come to the home of mIRC for the definitive answer.

edit: I've been suggested twice before about the 'keep windows open when reconnecting' option, but the reconnecting window will still popup

Last edited by Ransom; 20/06/09 11:58 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Ransom,

To get the help for /join you type /help /join -- it should bring you to the option of the two /join commands immediately.

More pertinant to the topic: the channel windows should not reactivate during a reconnection unless you have an ON CONNECT script or perform-on-connect setting that uses join without -n. You've already been told a working method to stop reactivation, this is the definitive answer. The fact that it doesn't work for you does not mean it does not work. Channel windows do not reactivate for me on a reconnection, so this is in fact possible in mIRC.

Third-party scripts are known to mess with standard mIRC behaviour, so if a script is the cause you'll either have to fix it (yourself) or disable it.

In mIRC type:

//echo -a $script(0) $dll(0) $md5($mircexe,2) $version $os

Report the results here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Ransom Offline OP
OP Offline
R
16 0 2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c 6.35 XP

My script is simply a few on connects that identify me, join some channels, some msging, some timers and ghosting. I don't have professional 3rd party scripts aside from systeminfo script + topic & color formatting scripts.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
type /remote off and reconnect. Does the reactivated windows problem continue?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
R
Ransom Offline OP
OP Offline
R
hmm indeed it doesn't, it must be a problem with the ON CONNECT on all these joining channels and etc, even though I have the always open option on... strange.

Thanks

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
As was mentioned many times before, the option itself doesn't stop the problem if you're /joining without -n. You need to update your script to make sure you join the channels minimized.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard