mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Looking for a program or script so that you dont need to leave the site while u chat on a irc channel, i believe its called a irc chat client to chat thru websites

blush
plz help a blind man confused

Last edited by searchingfor; 27/04/03 09:56 PM.
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
There are several free chat applets on the net. Here are few of the most known ones:

WebMaster's BackPack
phpMyChat
jIRC
Chat Applets @ HotScripts
Chat Applets @ Java Archives
Chat Applets @ JavaSpot

That's more than enough, each applet listed here has its own features, bugs and issues. It would be too long (and boring) to list them here, so i'll let you check the out by yourself.

Have fun.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I discovered one called PJIRC (which is listed on one of the sites c0ldfusi0n pasted) yesterday, and I think it is very nice. It has some features that other java chats lack like the ability to chat in multiple channels at once. It has a "sorta" mIRC feel to it, different, but still nice. The best part, it's free. The worst part, it's not signed which means you have two choices, you can either sign it by buying a certificate (costs about $200-$300), or you have to run the java applet on the same machine as the IRC server. To connect to a network like DALnet, that makes this impossible unfortunately.

Another one (that I didn't see on the sites posted), is CGI:IRC. It does not use Java so there is no applet to worry about, it works fully on Perl (and some Javascript). The downside is, every user that connects using the CGI:IRC interface will have the same hostname, this makes it very hard to ban people. But if you are interested, http://cgiirc.sf.net

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Yeah well if we get into the more coder-oriented solutions, there are some more alternatives, such as CGI::IRC which codemastr told us about. Here are the ones i know/care about:

For Perl: Net::IRC
For PHP: IRCG

It's more complicated than simply embedding a piece of code in your HTML page, but it's definately worth it.

- cF
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
No no, I said CGI:IRC, not CGI::IRC :P CGI:IRC is a premade cgi (perl) IRC client, CGI::IRC is a library for writing a perl IRC client :P

E
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
E
that the difference between CGI::IRC and CGI::IRC?
do u mean CGI::IRC and Net::IRC
i can't tell which is which in your reply :P

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Alright this is gettign confusing, just stick to my first answer :P

- cF
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
The one has 2 :: and the other has 1 : :tongue:

O
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
O
Are you looking for a java applet to put on a web site that is also accessible through mirc?

I kind of didn't understand you. If so, there are some irc servers who will give you the applet if you register a channel.

Sorcery does. smile

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
all i want is a java applet which can link to mIRC with server imperialconflict.com What should i use?

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i dont think there is something in existance of what u speak .... if u want mirc use mirc .. if u want java use java ...

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard