mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
HI
when i try to connect to a server i got this message

AUTO [1] Infected with a virus or trojan, please clean your system. Cleaner @ http://www.moosoft.com (P2).

now ive got windows xp pro sp3 ive got kaspersky
internet security pro 2009 no virus or anything else was detect i run trojon killer and trojan remover no thing was found and i got the same line from mirc and i still cant connecy to any server i download a new copy from you i clean my registry with tuneup utility and regseeker and i still have the same probleme
do you have any idee whats my problem

tks

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
Unless you downloaded files or clicked posted links then its a false positive.

Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
i dont think you read correctly my question
i dont understand nothing about your answer

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
A false positive means the server is saying you're infected when you are not.

Even if you are sure your machine is clean, the ban on the server will still remain until it is reset. This can take hours days or weeks depending on the network. You can talk to a network admin but otherwise you will have to wait it out, regardless whether you are innocent or not. Note that we don't know where you have to go to talk to an admin, nor is it likely to help.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If your not sure your computer is clean, then use a online scanner, check your computer there, a virus scanner you have on your computer can be tricked to believe a file is safe when it's not. The online scanner is a bit aggressive, it will remove everything that are infected without asking you, but it working great, i using it at lest 1 time/week, you must run internet explorer to get it to work, when you have scanned your computer and it say you aren't infected let the people running the server know that you are clean, and that they can let you back on, if you get the same message again, tell them you have been scanning your computer both offline and with a virus scanner so it must be a false positive.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard