J
jHoNDoE Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Minimize to Tray button (other than Shift + Minimize):

UPnP:
Disabled by default, it will randomize ports (1 - 65535) every time is ON and sets back the default ports (1024 - 5000 or each user's default) every time is OFF.

Thanks.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The minimize to tray button would completely break the aero ui, nevermind the fact that it could not support proper theming. There already are programs (like NVidia's driver tools) that support adding such buttons to windows in this fashion. In the meantime, I don't see what the problem with Shift+Minimize is-- minimizing to the tray, if it's not already set in the options, seems like a power-user feature to me. A semi-out-of-the-way key combination seems like a fine thing for a power-user feature.

The UPnP suggestion is a good one, though. That should be added.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
J
jHoNDoE Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Ops...I wasn't thinking about Windows Themes...I still use the Classic one...pardon...
...and yes, Shift + Minimize is one of the best feature (Winamp and other software, also do the same thing).

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Yes to UPnP. Although it has been suggested several times over the years and still has not been added.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Are you guys talking about THIS UPnP?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Note that he suggested it be disabled by default, as it should be.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
That entire site is about a security vulnerability in the original release of XP's UPnP implementation. That's 8 years ago. If you're not using SP2 or later you're also vulnerable to dozens if not hundreds of other potential security vulnerabilities and remote execution exploits. It really isn't relevant to say that there was a bug in one implementation of this nearly a decade ago so lets never use that feature again.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard