mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
I usually reformat my computer every now and then, when its needed. And I just wanna know, if I can, backup my settings. It would be nice.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Yes you can. Simply save the ini files from the directory that mIRC uses as it's default. This is usually the same directory that you installed it to, but not always.
You can determine which directory it is, by typing //echo -a $mircdir
Please note that mIRC automatically does a back-up of your settings when you perform an upgrade of the mIRC installation.

W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
Hmm, well I looked in the folder Defaults. It has those files, but when i looked in there, it didn't have all my settings, so i think. So What do i need to save in order to save ALL my settings??

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
The defaults folder does not contain any of your current settings. As the name suggests, it contains copies of the default files that will be created for any new mIRC users on your computer.

Your actual settings will most likely be somewhere within your user folder unless you've explicitly moved them elsewhere. Type //run $mircdir in mIRC and it will open the settings folder in Explorer.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
Right, got it. Thanks again, and sorry it took so long, i forgot all bout this, since it don't send a notification to my email. Im used to that if i make a forum post.

Link Copied to Clipboard