mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
lvmirc2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I've played around with the $ail to do this, after sending a /who <nickname> but it dosen't seem to add the userhost for a nickname to the ail when i do. The /ail is on, btw. I was woundering if anyone had a snipplet or addon, that allows for:
$userhost(<nickname>) that will allow mirc to get the userhost of the <nickname> from the output of /userhost or /who <nickname> and allow me to use $userhost(<nickname>) in scripts? I've seen a snipplet like this on one of the mirc scripting forums/websites but since i've not been able to find it. I wanted to ask here, and see if anyone could help with this.

P.S sorry, for long post and hopefully i explained everything :S
if not sorry, again.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You can try the $ial properties to get the userhost:
Code:
$ial($nick).host

This gets you the user ident:
Code:
$ial($nick).user

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Also keep in mind that their address will not be stored in the IAL if they're not on a common channel.

Originally Posted By: mirc.chm

mIRC maintains an internal address list of all users who are currently on the same channels as you.

The reason why only addresses for users on the same channels as you are stored is because this guarantees the integrity of the list. ie. that a specific nickname is associated with a specific address.

Link Copied to Clipboard