mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#202598 26/07/08 05:15 AM
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
I thought about registering mirc but i am having second thoughts cause it is getting gay, no offence but my problem is this. I got a script with all files loaded. BUT all my files are not in my script , i start mirc up & it opens the mirc script up thats in my AppData which is a blank mirc script , i deleted it several times to get my script back to mormal but the crap reappears in my AppData folder again, i got alot of files in my script & it is a pain in the butt to reload them before every use.
I aint got a clue to why that happens but it is dissapointing & makes me NOT want to register it.

BytchAmy #202602 26/07/08 07:12 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
1. "I got a script with all files loaded" doesn't make much sense. Scripts dont load files, scripts don't load anything. mIRC loads scripts. Do you mean you have an mirc.ini (settings file) with all your scripts loaded?

2. AppData is where mIRC loads its files from by default ever since 6.3+.

3. Deleting a script file that mIRC is actively using without actually changing what file it *should* be pointing to won't stop mIRC from trying to reload the file when you restart mIRC. That would be like continually walking directly into a wall and getting mad that there's no doorway in front of you. No wonder you're frustrated.

You'll probably find that if you configure mIRC correctly it's a lot less disappointing to use. As I mentioned before, mIRC is trying to use the mirc.ini in your AppData directory. Simply reload all your scripts using this new mirc.ini file (see /help /load), OR if you want to keep your old mirc.ini, copy it over to the AppData directory, OR if you're truly stubborn and want to keep the same directory structure, put the mirc.ini in the same folder with mirc.exe and mirc should run as normal.

Of course, given that you have not provided ANY specifics as to your actual problem, all of the above suggestions could easily do absolutely nothing for you. If you tell us what you mean by "script with all files loaded", where your scripts are, where mirc is installed to, where the mirc.ini is, etc., we can do a more thorough job at helping you to get things loaded.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #202635 26/07/08 10:56 PM
B
OP Offline
B
could my problem be this ( VISTA ) thats what i am using & when i had xp i never seen a AppData folder ever with XP.

BytchAmy #202639 26/07/08 11:31 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
in XP the AppData folder is known as Application Data. The change is with new installs of mIRC 6.3+, not the operating system. This is where mIRC was supposed to store its "application data" (the name's not a coincidence) for at least the last 6 years, so it finally started doing the right thing in 6.3 with XP and Vista as well.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard