mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi there nice sight. Need alittle help please. I opened a room set everything up and registerd but not a op in my room. How do I sign into my room so I can change things..ty...

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Most networks require you to be an op in the channel in order for you to register the channel. Additionally, this usually also requires your nick to be registered.
So if you have registered your channel on the network, then you are classified as the founder of that channel. The founder status includes the abilties of the ops status, even if your nick doesn't show as an op.

Can you confirm that you can't do any of the things that an op can normally do? (ie: kick, ban, set topic (if mode t is set in the channel), add/remove voice/half-ops/ops).. Note this is just a small list of the various options that an op normally can do, and, as founder, you should be able to.

If you can confirm this, then the next step is to ask for assistance in the networks help channel, usually #help

You may also want to provide us with the network information (ie: name or server address), and the name of the channel.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In addition to registering your nick, you have to be identified to it, as well as telling the channel-password to chanserv.

Things will be more streamlined if you've done these before entering the channel, so to make things simple, you might wish to have your "/msg chanserv #channel password" and identifying your nick as part of your perform-on-connect section that executes whenever you connect to that 1 network (not in ALL NETWORKS).

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Sorry for the delay in response but just got in from work. Yes I have registerd my nick had the same one for years also the same that useing here. Also yes room is registerd and when fist was in room after registerd I had the ! infront of my name but now when I sign into room it dose not give me the symbol but I can op myself to do somethings. server UICN #HardTimesTVTesting

Link Copied to Clipboard