Print Thread
#183212 18/08/07 01:48 PM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
=$nick + tab in an editbox return =, i don't think this behavior is normal.
This is also a feature suggestion or maybe a bug but in 6.21 and previous version, when you are trying to use tab to evaluate an identifier or a %variable and if mirc evaluate it to $null, the editbox keeps the same thing in plain text whereas in mirc 6.3 it simply deletes the evaluated thing, i don't like this behavior and i think if would be better if we could keep the old one.

Edit :
Seems to not be a bug because works with other identifiers...

Last edited by Wims; 18/08/07 01:56 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The same happens with +$whatever

Not sure why..

Edit -- @$whatever, +$whatever, =$whatever, it probably has something to do with wanting to evaluate things into a prefixed nickname. =<nick> is for DCC chats, +<nick> is for voiced users, and @<nick> is for ops.

Last edited by hixxy; 18/08/07 02:05 PM.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
This is also a feature suggestion or maybe a bug but in 6.21 and previous version, when you are trying to use tab to evaluate an identifier or a %variable and if mirc evaluate it to $null, the editbox keeps the same thing in plain text whereas in mirc 6.3 it simply deletes the evaluated thing, i don't like this behavior and i think if would be better if we could keep the old one.
I don't like the new behaviour either. Fortunately, 6.3 also supports the ^ prefix in on TABCOMP (which may be itself related to this change), providing a way of bringing back the old behaviour:
Code:
on ^*:tabcomp:*:{ 
  var %s = $editbox($target).selstart, %t = $editbox($target), $&
    %w = $left($gettok($left(%t,$calc(%s -1)) $+ .,-1,32),-1) $+ $mid($gettok(. $+ $mid(%t,%s),1,32),2)
  if * !iswm $(%w,2) { 
    :error | reseterror | beep 1 | halt 
  }
}

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I would like to know if there is any good reason to not have the old behavior even if the on ^*:tabcom works fine

Last edited by Wims; 15/11/07 09:38 PM.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This change in evaluation behaviour is related to the TABCOMP fix in mIRC 6.3x. It was simply using the result of the evaluation which in some cases may be $null. I will change the evaluation behaviour back in the next version so that it leaves the item intact if it evaluates to $null.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Thank you so much smile

Link Copied to Clipboard