mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
My main problem here is that I cant dcc send. A file will start downloading and will reach a maximum of 50kb downloaded in less than a second, then stop. I've tried multiple sources, multiple servers, channels, everything happens the same. The second problem is that sometimes when I connect to servers (happens to all servers), its like I'm connected but I'm not. Only certain people will show up in the "who's connected" area, and I cant send any commands to the server (ie: /nickserv identify *****, /nickserv register ***** ****). Everything worked fine in XP just yesterday, now nothing works in Vista. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit by the way. I have all the proper drivers.

Things that I have tried so far are turning off the firewall, allowing the firewall ports 6667 and 1024-5000. Allowed mIRC itself. Dont have any 3rd party firewall or security software yet. Turned ipv6 off. Any ideas?

D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
heres a bit of an update... i live in a house with a bunch of guys (college house, kind of like a frat), and no computer with vista can use dcc send or let alone get a solid connection to any server or channel. XP works fine though. I've tested this on Vista Home Premium, Vista Home Basic, and Ultimate x64. Then on campus today I tried downloading things with mIRC on the campus' wireless network and it worked fine. So somewhere theres a problem with Vista and my houses network. Still no ideas anyone?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Start by trying a direct connection to your network without the router and see if you get a solid connection on a Vista computer. If so, then you know it's a router setting.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard