mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Hobbie Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
some servers (not all!) give me the following message after the ctcp command : Server Notice: This server is using an alternate server method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 59. /dccserver +sc on 59. This is a mIRC command.
What can i do about this???

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Due to probs within routers etc, some ppl use dccserver to send files, they are asking you to enable your dccserver (file/options/dcc/server) on that port by typing that command.

In mIRC, type /help dcc server and then scroll down. By default dccserver is disabled, and rightly so, since it listens for direct connections rather than thru the network.

I'm sure we will see you again to fix all the trojans and virii you download frown

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
H
Hobbie Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
unfortunately that still doesnt solve the problem. When i use the /dcc fserve (IPadres) as the help file stated i now get a dcc chat window but it closes after timing out.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
be sure you arent putting the ip addie in that command in ( ).
Check to see if your dccserver is enabled and that you arent blocking port 59 any place. Try initiating a dcc chat or getting a file with someone else and see if it works, if so the prob could be on the senders end. There are many probs that could be interfering with your dcc. Use the search feature here, all forums, all posts with dcc as the search term.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard