mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Hi,

Whenever I place several files in queue to be transferred via DCC send, every other file for some reason will not initiate (unable to connect). For example, file 1 will download fine, file 2 will have a failed connection, file 3 will download, file 4 will fail, etc. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
N
Could be something to do with packetloss on your connection. Do you have wireless internet or are you using internet directly connected to your computer?

Do you have any firewall/router installed?

This will help us to diagnose the problem a little better, but then again it could be the person you are recieving DCC's from, try getting multiple files from someone else.

Hope this helps

Last edited by nexByte; 06/02/07 04:51 AM.
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Thanks for the reply. My connection is direct to the cable modem, however I do have a router connected, and the windows firewall enabled. The problem happens regardless of the source.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Quote:
My connection is direct to the cable modem, however I do have a router connected

Well which is it? If your computer is connected directly to the cable modem, then you can't have a router. Your connection is probably like this:

A: [ MODEM ]-----------[ ROUTER ]-----------[ COMPUTER ]

or like this:

B: [ MODEM ]-----------[ COMPUTER ]

-genius_at_work

R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Oops, you're right. I do have a router, I meant to say the router is connected to my computer as opposed to being a satellite (sorry if my terminology is incorrect blush)

Last edited by radiojam1; 07/02/07 03:52 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard