mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
While using IE 6.0 this was not an issue, but now that I have installed IE 7.0 it is a problem.

The script that is causing issues:
/url -a http://www.myurl.com/default.asp?q= $+ $1

Problem:
First couple of times I use it, all goes well, around the third or fourth time, it begins to 'wipe out' random icons on the mIRC toolbar, loose things in my pop up menu, and finally I cannot press any buttons within mIRC.

Any thoughts? I have not installed anything else during this time, nor changed and settings or services.

Thanks in advance,
scgirlie smile

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I couldn't reproduce this. Tried sending the /url -a while IE7 was open, and also closing it between each try. Everything in mIRC stayed as I would expect. Is it just that command you're trying, or is something else happening when you call it?

I used:
Code:
//var %input = test | tokenize 32 %input | url -a http://www.google.co.uk/search?q= $+ $1

from the command line

Sais
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I appreciate the response, however, try testing without closing the active IE window each time and see if you can replicate. I don't close the window each time, I run that script from my popup menu and do not close each time.
Let me know if that produces different results.
Thank you in advance
scgirlie

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
As I said, I tried to do it both ways. It had no effect on mIRC that I could see.

Sais
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Did you try it with tabbed browsing turned on? If tabbed browsing is turned off in IE, then it works fine, if it is turned on, then I have the problem.
The obvious work around for now is to turn off tabbed browsing, but not ideal.
Thanks in advance again,
scgirlie

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I'm pretty certain it was on.

I'm not on that machine any more, and don't have IE7 installed here, so I can't try it again.

Sais
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here either. I also used:

Code:

//var %input = test | tokenize 32 %input | url -a http://www.google.co.uk/search?q= $+ $1

I tested the above with tabbed browsing and opened more than thirty windows in IE each time.

If you test this with a clean install of mIRC with no scripts etc. does the issue still occur?

Under which version of Windows is this happening?

If you close mIRC and then open up several browsing tabs in IE and then try to run other applications, eg. Word, do you see the same issue?

Link Copied to Clipboard