mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Not sure if this has already been reported.

When...

- Reload Logs is enabled
- All options for saving colors in log files are enabled
- Timestamps in log files are enabled
- Timestamps in windows are DISABLED

...mIRC 6.20 will display timestamps on some lines upon reloading log files. The reason appears to be improper placement of color codes (before rather than after the log file time stamps, tricking mIRC into thinking the timestamps aren't timestamps and thus should not be hidden upon reloading).

Example:

A log file before re-joining channel -

Upon re-joining channel -

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here. mIRC does not remove timestamps from lines when it reloads logs, it displays the lines exactly as they are in the logfile. So I'm not sure why some of your lines have timestamps, and others don't. Have you tried testing this with a clean install of mIRC to see if it reproduces the problem?

P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Yes, it can occur in a clean installation. In fact, I narrowed down the exact cause. Set the following options thusly in yours:

- IRC > Logging > [x] Line Colors
- IRC > Logging > [x] Timestamp Logs = "[HH:nn]"
- IRC > Logging > [Reload Logs] = Both
- IRC > Logging > [Automatically Log] = Both
- IRC > Messages > [ ] Timestamp Events = "[HH:nn]"

With this, mIRC will only strip timestamps from reloaded log lines that don't have ^C# codes before their timestamps (as shown by my original post's screen captures).

On the other hand, if you keep the same settings as above, and set:

- IRC > Messages > [x] Timestamp Events = "[HH:nn]"
OR
- IRC > Messages > [ ] Timestamp Events = "[HH:nn:ss]"

... then every line's timestamp appears upon reloading a log (regardless of preceeding ^C# codes).

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't this the way it should work? I.e., if the user wants his logs stamped but his channel window unstamped, then shouldn't timestamps be stripped upon reloading logs as long as [ ] Timestamp Events is unchecked and its format matches the format of [x] Timestamp Logs? At least, that's the way I thought mIRC has always worked ... and thus why I assumed the bug was with the recently-added [ ] Line Colors feature: by placing ^C# codes before timestamps instead of after them, mIRC's timestamp stripping func() must be failing to recognize the timestamps, and they appear in the window even when they shouldn't.

Here's an example, where I rigged two log files manually, one with ^C# codes before timestamps (as happens now), and one with ^C# codes after timestamps:

The result upon re-joining them, when [ ] Timestamp Events=[HH:nn] and [x] Timestamp Logs=[HH:nn]:

The result upon re-joining them, when [x] Timestamp Events=[HH:nn] and [x] Timestamp Logs=[HH:nn]:

So the fix seems to be having ^C# Line Colors codes after instead of before logfile stamps. smile

If you still can't reproduce the issue, I don't know what else to say except that I'm positively using mIRC 6.20 (under W98SE).

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I've had great trouble generating log files with colour codes before the timestamps. How are you generating yours?

Sais
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I was finally able to reproduce this, should be fixed for the next version.

P
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Thanks!

@Sais - I didn't do anything special, so not sure why you've having said troubles. For me, I just enable the feature to save line colors in logs.

Link Copied to Clipboard