mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
W
Maybe I should post this in the bug section. Maybe not. Anyway, I would like to suggest a feature that allows one mIRC client that is loaded on the computer to know about another. I have been having some problems with the mIRC icon disappearing from the taskbar and because of that, I cannot access that client. In the future, it would be nice to have right click on the icon to show other clients you have loaded so that you can switch to the one you want. For example, load 2 clients and right click on one of them and you can see that those 2 are loaded. Clicking on one will display the one you picked.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The icon disappearing is a bug. I am unsure of what you mean by mIRC knowing of other mIRCs though. It could be a very insecure feature if you want it to be a way for one copy to control another. Also, each copy would have to be able to distinguish in some way between copies of mIRC on your LAN and those of everyone else in the world.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
"... to show other clients you have loaded ... "
YOU don't have every copy of mIRC in the world loaded. crazy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
True, I'm just thinking that if you allow one copy of mIRC to 'know', (using wellhole's expression) of other copies of mIRC that are currently running then there'd need to be something that would keep that secure in some way. There's another issue. As this bug also removes mIRC from the list of processes in Task Manager, how would mIRC be able to pick this up? By my way of thinking there's little point in having a function like this unless copies of mIRC were able to control functions in the other in some way, such as restoring the icon perhaps? It seems to be that this is what wellhole wants. It's just better to wait for Khaled to fix the disappearing icon bug I reckon.

Having said that, this bug has only affected me on a few occasions.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You can send commands to from one to other mIRC using DDE, if it's enabled on that instance of mIRC.
/help DDE

Sending "/showmirc -xo" to the "missing" mIRC should bring it back..

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
i use this...

;==================minimize recover==================

ctcp *:*:*:{
if ($1 == restore) {
showmirc -sx
}