mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
NIN1337 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
he types someting like !peer and it disconnects me, how do I prevent this???

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
If you are actually getting disconnected when someone types !peer, then you may have a bit of code in your remotes file that is causing it. Try disabling your remotes to see if that solves the problem: /remotes off

If that does solve the problem, then you need to search your remotes file (alt+r > ctrl+f) for peer . That script may be causing the problem.

-genius_at_work

N
NIN1337 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
thanks for the reply, when i press alt+r theres nothing in the remote field and /remotes off results in irc saying REMOTES unknown command. its funny cuz he seems to do it at will. something like "oh look, its (my name here), time to peer him."
then i get disconnected and in the status window it says * [10053] Software caused connection abort

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Sorry, it should be /remote off .

Is it possible that the person doing !peer is an IRCOp or the owner of the server? If he owns the server (I'm just speculating here) he could have a script/program that terminates your socket on the server somehow. If he isn't an IRCOp or server owner, you may want to report him to the IRCOps on that network.

Another thing you could do is use the /debug command to monitor exactly what is being sent from the server to you and back. Type /debug @debug and leave the @debug window open until the person peers you out again.

-genius_at_work

Last edited by genius_at_work; 10/03/06 02:46 AM.
N
NIN1337 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
heres whats going on, im sure u can understand this more than i

:WinDWalkeR!~katten@lcirc-452A93EA.swipnet.se PRIVMSG #blah :tongue:eer kick nin1337 for me
<- :Axel!root@localhost QUIT :Connection reset by peer

then i get disced

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
That looks like a IRCop command, that's been customized.
I think WinDWalkeR (in this case) would have to be an IRCop, in which case you might have a hard time. Some networks have an abuse channel where you can join to talk to other IRCops and system administrators about problems with IRCops abusing their powers.

What network is this happening on?

Link Copied to Clipboard