mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello all........I'm having a problem connecting to my favorite channel......out of nowhere........it says "unable to join channel (address is banned)"............also, sometimes it says (turn on identity).....unfortunately, all my identity options ARE checked......except, "use ID from e-mail address".............in the identity section in "options"..............any help would be appreciated.

BTW..........if I was to remove Mirc and edit the register, would that resolve my problem?..............Thanks in advance............Josh
- confused confused confused confused confused confused

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
No, the problem is that you're banned, which is something you'll have to speak to the channel that banned you about.

Perhaps it's telling you to turn on ident, which, if you're behind a firewall or NAT (Network Address Translation), is going to be difficult. In that case, you could try another server on the same network, if you're on a network that has several servers.

D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
well, there is more than one kind of ban wink

you could have a room ban on you; are you *always* in another room, when you try to join the room?

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Thanks for the reply...........it actually says that they have recieved "Spam" from that server or something............also, something about my identity being off.............I'm not on a "Firewall" or NET.........at least, I don't think I am.

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Actually, I had it to automatically connect upon start-up..........this happened alll of a s
sudden..............I'm at a loss for how or why........oh well.......I do know that it can't tell my identity is on..........and they are all checked in my options.............thanks.......

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
O........................................................k.................................
.....................a.................................................................y...............
..........................................................m.....................................
.........a.....................................................................................n.......

sub-zero.homeip.net:6667

#143196 25/02/06 03:04 AM
N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
Hi.. I'm having the same problem and it happened suddenly, just 2 days ago I could connect. I've been trying since this afternoon but can't get in frown

I'm trying to contact someone on the channel but NOBODY is answering. I really don't know what to do. confused I don't even know what did I do to get banned!

This is sooooooo frustrating.. What? What should I do.. just leave it like that? forget it and never go in those channels again? Please please!

Desperated

#143197 25/02/06 04:30 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Depending on the rules of the network, if you can't get a response from an op in the channel, in order to try to get the problem resolved, you might try joining the network help channel (usually #help) and see if an op there is willing to assist with this.

Make sure you check any network rules and the MOTD to ensure that there isn't something along the lines of 'Network ops will not involve themselves in the process of banning or unbanning people from a particular channel"

Please note that the wording may be quite different from what I have put, but if the general meaning of the message is the same, and if no ops from that channel are willing to discuss the problem with you, then I'm afraid that you're out of luck.

U
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
U
Quote:
No, the problem is that you're banned, which is something you'll have to speak to the channel that banned you about.

How exactly do you speak to the channel about un-banning your address?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You should be able to get a list of names of people in the channel using /names <channel>

Some of those names should have an @ beside them.
Those are the people (well one of them at least, I don't recommend trying all of them) to talk to.

You should be able to send them a private message using /msg <nick>

Link Copied to Clipboard