Print Thread
#140962 01/02/06 05:41 PM
V
vojaman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Hello!Is it possible in MIRC to set an automatic message reply(so when someone contacts you privately they get an automatic reply)?If that is not possible with MIRC can someone link to some script that supports that and explains what i should do?Thanks.

#140963 01/02/06 10:08 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
alt-r/file/new

then add these lines

on *:TEXT:*:?:{ .msg $nick i am sending this message to you, it could be anything here at all, ps im ignoring you for 10 seconds also to stop loop back flooding | ignore -pu10 $nick }
on *:ACTION:*:?:{ .describe $nick is sending this message to you, it could be anything here at all, ps im ignoring you for 10 seconds also to stop loop back flooding | ignore -pu10 $nick }

lastly type /!REMOTE ON (incase it wasnt)

#140964 02/02/06 02:15 PM
V
vojaman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
can you be a bit more specific?Where am i supoused to write
alt-r/file/new ?I wrote it on the status, but it says you're not on a channel and then i wrote it on a channel but it just appeared same as if i wriote anything else!also i dont understand that code, so imagine my nick is vojaman and i want my msg to be "i am vojamn" (no quotes), how and wheer should i write it then?Thanks for the effort, but i need a bit more explanation so please reply again.

#140965 02/02/06 02:17 PM
V
vojaman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Or if you know some script that has that option (without the code writing), that would be the best solution!Thanks.

#140966 02/02/06 02:37 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
good god man

Start mirc
Make mirc the active window
Press down the alt key and hold it down
Press the r key
Release both keys
Wait for the Script Editor to appear
Click the FILE menu option
Click the NEW option in the FILE menu
Type or copy from here the following two lines
on *:TEXT:*:?:{ .msg $nick i am sending this message to you, it could be anything here at all, ps im ignoring you for 10 seconds also to stop loop back flooding | ignore -pu10 $nick }
on *:ACTION:*:?:{ .describe $nick is sending this message to you, it could be anything here at all, ps im ignoring you for 10 seconds also to stop loop back flooding | ignore -pu10 $nick }

The bold sections are your message, the first is the same as you typing it back to them, the second is the same as using the /ME command.

#140967 02/02/06 05:03 PM
V
vojaman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
It works perfectl!Why didn't you write it like that the first time?
I don't really know any commands or similar stuff related to mirc so that is why i didn't undestand what you tried to tell me the first time, and that is no reason for you to be rude or inpatient, but you helped me a lot so thanks a lot!

#140968 02/02/06 11:34 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I didnt write it like that, becuase it took me 3 times longer to write, most people look at something and try and work out what it might mean, you seemede to be of the opion that I should have to produce exact instructions for everything, just so you dont need to task yourself. There were only 3 things to do understand what "alt-r/file/new" ment and copy the lines into the window created, and change the text of the message, which would have been made clear what it was when someone would have msged u.

PS: if u said u had a problem with your screensaver in xp and i replied start/control panel/display/screen saver/adjust settings here I would truely expect you to manage to sort that out.

Link Copied to Clipboard