mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
JoeTF Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
1. Tab focusing - an absolute pain in the ass. It'll move to last usedtab upon closing your current one. Imagine you have been spammed with two convos. You click to first, close it, and mirc will jump to last used(channel) and I have to click again, on second spam to close it watching for misclicks (and parting mian channel). Now imagine the same with 15 spams. Try to stay calm.
How can I change it to more sane behaviour?
2. NickServ support. Every worthwhile network uses it(with the same pattern!).
How can I easily automate it?
3. Nicks with multiple networks. Example: I'm on network A and B. I changed nick to JoeTF|AFK to "JoeTF" on network A. I changed tab focus to network B. Bloody Mirc reversed the change for network A, what's worse - after restart it keept JoeTF|AFK as a default nick for all networks!
How can I fix it?

I would be moast thankful if you could provide me with information how to set those things in mircconfig, or with *tiny* scripts that would fix them. I really don't want to install some super mega monster script to fix tab focusing, especially that it would probablyconflits with scripts I already use.

Regards,
JoeTF

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you need to close many windows quickly and they are spam windows (I assume that means they are query windows), you can shift-click each window to close them. Then there isn't any change of focus at all. Quick and easy... even with a LOT of spammed windows. Since windows usually appear at the end of the network's list of windows, you can start with the first one, leave the mouse in the same spot, and just keep shift-clicking until all are gone. You can close a hundred like this in under 10 seconds easily.

What do you need to automate for nickserv? There are scripts out there to handle nickserv operations, btw. If you want it to automatically identify you each time you connect, that's a simple command placed in Perform (or done with a script). More information of what you need would help.

If you change your nick on one network and then click on the tab for the other network, that nick won't be changed. If you then click on the first network's tab again, it should still be what you changed it to. If it is changing it back, check to make sure you don't have any scripts running that try to maintain your nick. I thought you could keep different nicks on different networks just by changing them (even though they don't appear that way in mIRC's options), but I guess that's a feature of Invision. You could put a variable in a script for each network that stores your password, then the script does a /nick whenever you connect and uses that nick's variable as your nick.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
JoeTF Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Ok. that solves problem #1.Thanks!

Problem with nickserv is that many channels need +r to let you in. Thus, mirc built in rejoin functions doesn't work. Puttin it into preform (as well with timer to join channel) for each channel for each network is really tiresome:/

Regarding nicks, I'll investigate the script suggestions.

Another question - how can I make irc connect to certain networks on startup?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
1. Close ALL query windows at once: /close -m
2. Use perform to identify to nickserv/chanserv (or use a small script to do it) .. try the Search feature of the forums.
3 As I don't use multiple networks, someone that does will have to help you with this one.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Whether you do it from a script or in perform, it's probably going to take the same amount time to enter the information. You still have to tell it the same information no matter how you do it. Once set up, it's done, so it's just a matter of taking time to do it once.

For startup:

Code:
on *:start: {
  server irc.network1.org
  server -m irc.network2.org
  server -m irc.network3.org
}

Just replace the server addresses as necessary. Leave the first one without -m so that you aren't left with a single disconnected tab sitting there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard