#128795 30/08/05 08:55 AM
M
muk0le Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
hi
i am a regular mirc user from australia. i have arrived in korea for six months and set up mirc on a laptop but it wont let me connect, keeps k-lining me for "insecure korean netblocks". can anybody tell me what this means and what i might be able to do about it.
thanks

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's related to your IP address.

K-lines are related to the network that they are set on, not mIRC. You will need to speak to the administration there and ask that the K-line be removed, or your IP made an exception to the rule. You could also try another server, K-lines are server specific. Go to the network's website and they should have a list of their servers.

..otherwise, use another network entirely.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G'day muk0le,

The problem you may have is that with the concentration of broadband use in Korea there is a tendancy to aim IRC attack trojans at the computers in that country which, inturn, get used against IRC networks, and sometimes ISP's in other countries, including Australia. I personally had to deal with some of it on a network I once opered on. I'm talking tens of thousands of IP addresses here, over time. I would say that many IRC networks have been attacked in the same way.

I hope you manage to sort things out but given what I've just described, you may have a big hurdle to jump over.

Link Copied to Clipboard