#126486 31/07/05 07:16 AM
W
WC2Dave Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
Is proxies your IP Adress?

How do you set up Proxies.txt file in your mirc program I dont know. I tried listing a proxie but it wont connect.

Thanks

#126487 31/07/05 07:38 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Do you know what a proxy is? Are you sure you need to connect through a proxy? Do you have a real reason for doing this?

To me, it sounds like you've heard about "proxies" which can be used for various things, and thought it would be good to use one, but don't have a clue where to get started. Well, this guide is about as good as it gets.

However, if you have no real need to use a proxy (and ban evading, or evading a block set by your work/school/university is not a real reason), then I would strongly suggest you don't even attempt to use one. Using proxies that you find listed by other websites isn't going to work, they are open proxies, and almost every network nowadays has scanners which check for open proxies when you connect, and automatically ban you if found.

Have fun! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#126488 31/07/05 08:49 AM
W
WC2Dave Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
I am trying to get the Bino Bot connected and it says I need to put the proxie.txt into the message , but I dont know what to put in the proxie.txt file.

Also I put the BNET server

#126489 31/07/05 03:54 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There are hundreds/thousands of scripts out there, we don't know how to work every single one. More than that, we don't know what files they contain. They are not part of mIRC, so posting here is far from the best thing you can do, and assuming that we know what you're referring to (in this case, Bino Bot) is even less helpful to both you, and us.

I don't know what "the message" is, nor do I know how you put a file into a "message". I suggest you read over the documentation, if it's not clear, look for contact information for the author. If there is none, ditch the bot, get a better one, if you need one at all.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard