Print Thread
S
silent Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi,

I created an IRC-Client and it works fine already, but there is a problem(?). If your on a Channel and someone is OP and HalfOP same time... So if someone deops a guy the client has to know that hes also a halfop, there is the Problem...U can only know that hes a halfop when u saw someone halfopped him... u cant see it if u join the channel because an irc server only sends the highest prefix @353.

Is there no way to solve that Problem?

U can easy test it with mirc urself, halfop(%) and op(@) someone then /part, then /join then deop that guy.... mirc doesnt show the prefix the guy still has (%) but u know he has it because u cant give him +h again.

well this isnt a client problem but a server problem..isnt it?

What to do? that is a little bit sad...

greetz smile

Last edited by silent; 08/05/05 11:21 AM.
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
It's more of a protocol problem imo, but you could do a /who #channel once in a while to get all current prefixes... /who nick might give you the correct info if you're lucky, it always gives info about one channel instead of all the channels you're both on...

S
silent Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi Kelder,

thank you for your message.

Ive already tried /WHO, but i dont get the prefixes, all i get is:

#night jimbo H@ ~Jimbo@euirc-d10e5052.dip.t-dialin.net :2 Arsch
#night tizer H+ ~java@euirc-edc9b514.149-136-217.adsl.skynet.be :2 Java User
#night neels H+ ~pv34234p@euirc-a131b1fd.dip0.t-ipconnect.de :2 234 324234
#night derGrandy H+ ~AlBlade2@pogt.und.mosht.durchs.euirc.net :2 P4R4DOCS

and so on..

jimbo is % for example, not @.

any ideas?

Last edited by silent; 08/05/05 12:27 PM.
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Ah, sorry for the misinformation then blush My network only has ov and even those are sometimes considered overkill.

Dunno how to get it then, suppose you're not interested in /mode -h+h nick nick :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You could use /whois ... It'll display like this:

Riamus is [email]Riamus@*EDIT*[/email] * Ria
Riamus has identified for this nick
Riamus on @#invision-beta !@+#Invision
Riamus using irc.irchighway.net The IRCHighWay Network
Riamus End of /WHOIS list.

As you can see, I am @ in #Invision-beta and !, @, + in #Invision. Since those are displayed in /whois, then you could write a script using the RAW for that to get the modes. I don't do a lot with RAWs, so I don't know which RAW this is right now. Someone else can probably tell you faster than I can find it out.

The only problem is that some servers/nickmodes prevent viewing the channel info of a user... although you USUALLY can view the info for any channel you're both connected to even if it blocks all other channels from being seen.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
If the server is not putting the channel mode in the who string then its a server problem the output of a who on a channel assuming your in it, should reveal
Channel NickName G/H ChannelMode [email]Ident@Host[/email] :Hops Real Name
G means away H means here and other things will appear before/after the channel mode like * which means oper and some other servers have others

Link Copied to Clipboard