mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kapone Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
I used to be able to download with no problem at all. But now when I try to receive a DCC, it starts out fast...up to 250kb/s, but after a minute or 2 it will start to slow and then it will eventually stop incomplete.

My OS is XP & I'm with Comcast. I'm using the latest version of mIrc. I do have a firewall and router, but I've even disabled those and still get the same results. Any ideas what could be causing this?

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
Did you change anything in the router or firewall since it used to work? That's usually the cause.

Does this happen with everyone, or only some people? You could have a bad - but not impossible - route to the person it happens with.

K
kapone Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
No, nothing has changed in the router or firewall. The router just connects 2 computers in my house. Like I said before I've disabled both the router and firewall and still have the same trouble.

I'm not downloading from anyone in particular just from bots....trying to get mp3's and movies, etc.. I know some bots just plain suck, but I cant download a full file from anywhere. I've been trying for months.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
mIRC isn't a file sharing program, please don't use it like one. See this thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard