How can i make a clone in mirc??

tnx for the replyes already cool

#11067 14/02/03 06:40 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
For what reason?

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
#11068 14/02/03 08:27 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Cloning is naughty, generally speaking. Since most networks allow three connections per IP I'll tell you that you simply boot mIRC a second or third time.

HOWEVER!!! If you are thinking of using this system to be a script kiddie and generate war clones forget it.

1. Computers find it hard to handle more than a few mIRCs running. You'll use and waste literally hundreds of MB's even attempting this.

2. You'll get yourself and perhaps your ISP banned from the networks you try this on before you get very far. Most servers have a bot to count connections and nail them all after a preset limit (Usually three).

3. The old trick of using one mIRC as a feeder of ON JOIN events to an adbot outside the channel is old and quite easily traceable. Once a channel host grasses on you to an oper it's as easy as /who *adbot's.ip.here then /akill *@adbot's.ip.here

4. Then the owner of the adbot would say "I just got banned for nothing - I want to complain" and they would probably repeat the same sob-story here, etc etc etc, mind you, without getting much in the way of sympathy.

5. In short, if you want it just to run your own channel bot as a seperate connection then that's fine (I don't automatically view those seeking advice on this as those using the information with bad intentions), but if you want to do bad things with it, take this advice from an oper (me) and don't bother. It's just a waste of time.

#11069 14/02/03 10:14 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
I use clones myself, for testing scripts mostly. You can get some clones written in mIRCscript, but i don't recommend using them wink There are a few clones for windows, you can find them on most IRC sites..

#11070 14/02/03 10:37 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Everyone here has a valid reason as to why they should or shouldn't help you in the cloning department....HOWEVER as it was said before, you can just boot a second or a third time but this would take up some resources (i think that was mentioned as well). But if you are gonna use clones to do "Evil Deeds" then forget it.

As for the clone limit, most networks have a limit between 3-5 connections per IP so if you get caught and there is a good possibility you will be caught almost immediately. Don't get me wrong I do clones myself only for the same reasons as Monosex pointed out "Testing Purposes Only"

So in short, if you want someone to help you with this then it would probably be a good idea to post your reasons as to why you are wanting clones.

#11071 15/02/03 08:54 AM
V
Viper01 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Ok u guys i want to use clones to run a bot in a channel and to test my fserv.

I tryed it with openin 2 mirc's but that didn't work, why I don't know. Must i use 2 different nicks, will it than work??

I'm not using clones for bad reasons I hate that.
I don't like people who are using mIRC for bad reasons, just to bring other people damage.
No i want to use it in the right way.

#11072 15/02/03 08:58 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you are in the same channel as your clone, you will have to use an alternative nick. It's probably better to have 2 separate mIRCs running for this purpose, rather than just opening the same one twice, if you see what I mean.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
#11073 15/02/03 09:31 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are in the same server as your clone, you will have to use an alternative nick.

Depending on the IRCd if you were to end up with the same nick (due to netsplit or whatever) you'd end up either being changed to Guest status or killed, depending on how the server handles nick colisions.

Link Copied to Clipboard