Thanks for clarification on how the notify-list does that.

As you state it's dangerous if used incorrectly, of course I would assume it would be implemented properly and thoughtful, if it was implemented in the client. ;-)

Just a thought at the first look: If there are scripts which use the output of the /who command, it sounds even more desirable to me that mIRC would handle the /who command on it's own. Because it could then present the results via some kind of interface the (read: all) scripts could use, like the IAL.
In your scenario having several scripts could cause several /who-commands, too. So the issue of having more than one "who-source" does not seem to be solved by omitting this functionality in mIRC(?) One could also add a flag/option to enable/disable the built-in functionality in mIRC, and a script could take over, if desired by disabling mIRC's own polling.
But maybe I am missing some point there which would need to be considerated additionally.

Of course I would be interested in a script-based solution as drum offered for now, too. I wouldn't expect that feature being implemented that fast anyway. (if it was implemented at all, of course, which doesn't look like it right now ;-))

PS: outsourcing script attempt to the scripts section: https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233135

Last edited by commander_keen; 15/07/11 08:58 PM.