mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
mIRC Help
mIRC prevents monitor from sleeping RonnyJ 5 hours ago
The last week, I've had issues with desktop PC monitor not entering sleep mode after the 10 minutes it's supposed to (Windows 10 version 22H2 and mIRC version 7.76).

Eventually, I found out that it only happens when mIRC is running.

Found out that when mIRC is running, powercfg reports that "An Audio Stream Is Currently in Use".

Tested with both the Realtek ALC1150 onboard sound and my old Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD (onboard disabled in BIOS when using the SB).

Disabling the audio devices prior to starting mIRC, and then enabling them when mIRC is running seems to work. Powercfg does not report any audio stream in use so far.

In mIRC options, all settings for sound is disabled.

I've had mIRC running for years and never had the monitor not going to sleep before, so no idea what happened this week.

Copied my mIRC install (both program files and appdata folders) over to a laptop running Windows 11, and it doesn't happen there.

Anyone else had this issue, or any tips to what to do?

Thanks!
0 3 Read More
Feature Suggestions Jump to new posts
Extending /dns nelgin 6 hours ago
I would like to see some options added to /dns to make it a little better.

Add -s to specify which DNS server to use. For scripts that want to do RBL or dronebl lookups, this would be useful. Impossible to do currently.

-t specifies what type of result to return, whether it's an A record AAAA, PTR, etc or -t ANY (default)

-m (maybe? method of connection) u or t for UDP or TCP

Finally, return results to a variable, such as $dns or something without having to go through ON DNS.

The only way to achieve any of this currently would be to write my own dns client in mirc which seems a bit overkill, or run an external program which isn't portable.
0 3 Read More